Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My First Morning Adventure....

Well we started off with Livi getting up at 6:15 and wanting to know where her Zhu Zhu pet was, she wasn’t really bad, just very inquisitive…which was actually ok.  She ate breakfast good, Riss came down about 6:40 complaining about a sore throat but pulled it together nicely and ate her pancakes.  “Seemed” like it was going to be an ok start.  I went upstairs and got Livi dressed, ok with the shirt, ok with the shorts but her new socks I bought her last night were “way too slippery” and didn’t I know that she could “fall and get hurt.”  I tried to switch to plain white socks and put her sneakers on but she wouldn’t have it, insisted on wearing the crocks and told me other kids wear them too and why can’t she.  No time to fight, went to take a shower.  In the conditioner phase of my shower, Livi came in the shower, not in the bathroom, but in the shower with me, to tell me that “Call mommy right away because Rissy is in trouble.  She told me “Rissy had ice cream for breakfast.”  Marissa then came up and clarified for me that it was ok because the ice cream was for her throat and Oprah said you can have ice cream in the morning if you are using it like medicine (I didn’t know she watches Oprah).  She also clarified that she gave Livi ice cream too and the “idiot doesn’t know how to keep a secret.”  Kind of have to agree with her on that one.  7:33 AM and we are ready to go, early and no ones crying.  I’m really getting smart so I figure I will take the sneakers with me and switch her at school…all is well.  Not so much, Rissy tells me have a “big emergency” since Mommy didn’t make her lunch and she has no money (of course, like mother, like daughter).  So I go to give her $3 and I have no change.  She also tells me she needs $1 for a field trip also (last minute, like mother like daughter again).  So we just get in the car and go to school anyway….we drop of Marissa first I ask my buddy ***** for a change for a $20 and he reminds me about what a teacher makes.  The other useless lady ***** says she is just a volunteer.  Between the two of them they may have half a brain, I asked you for change, not your employment status.  Anyway, some lady named *** from the cafeteria comes out and agrees to extend Marissa “credit” for lunch today and she can pay her tomorrow.  I told her that Marissa is like her mother so you better set a credit limit of $3 so she doesn’t abuse her charging privileges.  Emergency averted, ready to drop off the younger nut job.  We get to Livi’s school and in their infinite wisdom they changed the door code but didn’t tell anyone so now they have really good security…no one can get in.  According to other parent’s they haven’t changed it in like 2 years.  Finally we get in and every kid there has on funky shoes…one kids has boots on up to her crotch, another kid has on some slipper socks and one kid didn’t seem to have anything on at all (no clothes, no shoes, nothing).  One of teachers told me that shoes are kids way of expressing their creativity…I told her my wife doesn’t believe in so much creativity.  Anyway, no chance Livi was going to agree to switch off her Crocs.  She picked out a second breakfast and asked Miss *** for milk “please” so I was proud of her for having manners but they did say she tends to “shovel” food and has no appetite problem….clearly they are getting to know her.  I DID remember to put on the sunblock AND label the sunblock with her name AND leave a note for Miss ****** to put sunblock on before she goes outside….so long story short (not really)….I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ANY CRAP TONIGHT ABOUT HER HAVING HER CROCS ON. 

I hope you have a really, really nice day…enjoy your sushi and café late for lunch…I am having Smart One Ravioli for 90 cents.

1 comment: