Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's All Worth It

Sometimes the stress and trial and tribulations of my morning adventures just really get to me.  Other times they just make me laugh, other times I think it's all worth it in the end.  While the later times are few and far between, when they happen they are memorable and special.  Well, that was this morning.

I suppose the sun, the moon and stars and everything else must have lined up just perfectly this morning.  Olivia woke up around 6:15 AM and told me that "water dinosaurs are special" and I should go on the con-guter and print some out for her.  I begged her to wait 15 minutes and she did and I of course printed out three water dinosaurs.  One real picture and two color ins that she got started on right away.  Well Marissa came down to see what we were doing and  much to my surprise she said "Livi your picture looks really nice, you are doing such a nice job of coloring it in."  Before I fainted I decided to make them both breakfast and they ate nicely and actually had a normal conversation with each other.  Well, as normal as possible.  We talked about the shape of each other's head and how Liv's is round and Marissa's is oval.  Marissa suggested that Livi's head was going to get so, so big when she's older and that is going to make her really smart.  I guess a compliment.  They both laughed so it was good.  We went upstairs, I got Liv dressed, she burped in my face three times, all is well.  Marissa comes in and tells me she wants to braid Liv's hair and brush her teeth.  I know how bad this can go or how it could start so good and end so bad but I forget all that since today is special and I agree.  I go to shave and shower where I hopefully can't hear the commotion.  I actually made it through the whole shower without an ordeal.  I get out and hear absolutely nothing.  Something has to be wrong.  I start checking all of the rooms and I realize that they are hiding under Livi's covers but of course play dumb and ask for both of them.  I tickled them through the covers and hear the belly laughs about how the monster is going to get them.  I rip the cover off and they are hugging each other under the covers.  They stand up and start jumping up and down on the bed hugging.  Livi's hair looked REALLY cute the way Marissa braided it.  Man, she's 10 and can do that perfectly...I don't think I could ever braid hair.  Anyway, can't get teary eyed or too emotional because we have to leave for school.  We go downstairs and I do the typical collect my wallet, keys, phone, Liv's school folder, the mail, etc.  While I am doing this they both start singing (as best they can) "Walking on Sunshine" and dancing around the kitchen.  It was just a moment.  Really wonderful.  So we go off to school all happy and Livi does her usual (as of late) four hug and kiss goodbye.  Marissa doesn't want to be late so she goes out into the lobby.  Livi tells me on the fourth hug and kiss "wait, wait, wait I want to hug Marissa once more."  I lie to her and tell her Marissa is already in the car and we have to go or she will be late for school.  She looks through the classroom door and tells me that she sees her right there and she is not in the car.  She open the door and runs up to her and hugs and kisses like she hasn't seen her in 100 years.  I hear her tell Marissa softly, "You are my best sister and I love you so much."  I have only one thought..."It's all worth it."

1 comment: