To start off, I apologize, it has been a long, long time since I wrote something. With that said, today's events will make up in excitement for what has been missing. I have no good excuse other than "life" getting in the way.
The girls are adjusting to their new schools and our "early wake up" fairly well for the most part. Generally they know they have to do their thing and cooperate, however, every once in a while we get a morning like today.
It starts off with Olivia telling me that she is not going to school today and she just wants to relax. After giving her the typical response about how we all want to stay home and relax but I have to go work, you have to go to school, etc. she agrees to cooperate. We have this expression in our household called "pulling it together" and she did a good job of doing this so the morning seemed off to an ok start.
Breakfast was served and everybody was eating and life was good. Olivia asked me if she could have some hot chocolate since she was being a good girl. I obliged as it seemed like a reasonable request. Of course Marissa reminded me that she was behaving too and needed to have hot chocolate as well. No problem, I glady heated the water in the microwave and poured them each a cup and delivered it to them.
Olivia went to pick up her cup and realizing how hot the mug was she just blurted out as clear as could be "This is Friggin Hot!" Marissa cracks up and spits out hot chocolate across the table. Dumbfounded by what is happening before my very eyes, I ask Olivia the typical parental question, "What did you just say?" She responds and assures me "Daddy, I didn't say the F word, I said Friggin, the F word is Fuck!" After Marissa ejects some more hot chocolate I decide to go upstairs and get Olivia dressed and speak to her about inappropriate language. She agrees that both words are bad and she won't use them anymore.
We are back on track and on time. As we head out to walk to the bus stop, I take a look at Marissa and something doesn't seem right with her face. I ask her calmly, "Are you wearing eye shadow?" And she responds calmly, "Yes a little bit and I am allowed to." For God's sake, she's Friggin 11 (Sorry, bad inappropriate word)! I tell her she is not allowed to wear make up to school to which she responds to me "Well considering we are walking out to the bus and I already have it, looks like I am wearing make up to school." Dejected, tired and beaten down I just walk them to the bus and see them off....and it's only Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment