I like being honest and telling your kids where they stand and giving them advance notice on upcoming events even if it may not be to their liking.
So this morning I advise the kids that on Saturday Mommy and Daddy are going out dinner and their Aunt is going to watch the kids.
So she asks her usual humorous, inquisitive questions like why are we going alone, what kind of restaurant, etc. Then the funniest thing came out of her mouth full of Nutella and Cinnamon sticks (nice combination). She looks right at me and says "Are you going to kiss?" I was so suprirsed I thought she said "Hiss" so I said "what?" She went on to explain, "Are you going to kiss at night and have some romance?" So I answered honestly and said "Maybe." She went on to say, "Well if you do, take a picture so I can see it in the morning. You and Mommy don't get to kiss and have romance that often so you should take a picture to remember it."
This could be interpreted so many different ways, but I will leave that all to you. As I've said in so many other postings and continue to say to myself at least 2 or 3 mornings a week, You just can't make this stuff up.
By the way, as a side note, my wife advised me over the weekend to my surprise that there are actually people out there that are reading this and find it amusing. For that reason, we have enabled commenting on the site. I don't want to force people to register to view the blogs because that is too much work and this is really just for fun but feel free to leave a comment with your name (First name only) and let us know what you think. Enjoy. A---
I think your posts are funny. I only found out about your blog because it came up on my Google Reader. This blog address used to be mine a few years ago!
ReplyDeleteI love reading about your girls. I do know them and have always found them to be a delight! I love hearing about the funny things that are said because we all have those moments when our kids say things that crack us up! Oh, and if you take a picture of your romance, I wanna see it too!!! lol
ReplyDeleteJOY
OMG, I get, "Mommy n' Daddy sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!" from my 5 year old. Usually after spelling kissing, he says, "EWWWWWWWW". Glad you had a date night and I will have to check in again in a couple years to find out how you explain sex to your children. Haaaa! :)
ReplyDelete