Monday, April 25, 2011

Those Damm Eggs....

So Easter is finally over...an exciting holiday for the kids and it is back to work Monday.  A typical Monday, nobody wants to get up and do anything and when they finally do they are irritable and annoyed that I am making them eat breakfast and get dressed.  Marissa decides that since we have a refrigerator full of Easter Eggs that she should have one for breakfast.  She gets one out of the refrigerator and cracks it neatly actually on a plate and starts eating it.

Well, Livi goes NUTS! "That's my special egg, you cracked it and ruined it."  She carries on that the eggs are special and she has to protect them.  All my effort to explain to her that they really are food is wasted.  She gets some heart shaped little container she has and starts "saving" them.  Of course Marissa is yelling at her that she can't put them in her room and save them they are for eating which only adds fuel to the fire and makes her freak out more.  As she is collecting them out of the fridge and hiding them in her room she is holding them against her WHITE skirt which is now becoming tie-dyed with egg dye.  Man, I'm Jewish, this isn't even my holiday.  So being the sap I am, I just let her hide them in her room.  Finally we are off to school and her teacher wants to know "what happened" to her skirt.  I give her the old "don't ask."

Of course later that night when I get home I get yelled at for letting her put the eggs in her room...sometimes you just can't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment