Monday, April 11, 2011

Mondays...

Mondays are always interesting.  I couldn't sleep last night and fell victim to technology as I laid in bed (in the spare room of course) until the wee hours "surfing" for nothing in particular and no specific reason.  The last time I remember looking at the clock it was 3:48 AM and I remember thinking that Sandy is getting up in less than an hour and I haven't fallen asleep yet.  At some point I must have because I remember the blurry red LED on the clock radio saying 6:42 AM and thinking I would wait until 7 AM to wake up the monsters. 

I went in bed with Livi at 7 AM and figured we could sleep for a few more minutes.  To her I seemed like the devil in her bed.  Kicking, pinching all with her eyes closed telling me to get out and that she wants Mommy.  I warned her appropriately that I would drag her downstairs again if she didn't behave which of course is exactly what happened.  After dragging her downstairs and making her breakfast she refused to eat and said she wanted Mommy only.  Of course when Mommy called she wouldn't talk and was just grunting.  Marissa on the other hand was an angel today and ate nicely and went right up to get dressed.  Livi actually cooperated and got dressed and then filled me in on why she was mad at me.  She said that I told her last night that the iPad was broken and that was a lie because it is working fine now.  I explained to her what I meant was that it needed charged and that is why it is ok now.  She argued that "No, you lied to me" and "you shouldn't lie to little girls."  But I have learned to pick my battles so I just agree and apologize (like a complete dope).  She played on the iPad, then Marissa made her breakfast which was actually suprisingly uneventful.  They both got off to school without a hitch and I write it off as just another "Monday."  Sorry...not that terribly exciting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment